*** Tim’s questions are colored blue and bolded
What does Mike do to help LeBron prevent injury and recover between games? Are there any exercises he feels are crucial for injury prevention — or should be avoided as too risky?
Recovery never ends – it never stops
- LeBron tells his trainer how he felt after each game
- Nutrition after game is among the most important
- Ice-bath and cryotherapy
To what self-care does LeBron attribute his career longevity?
- Consistent with the process
- Having a clean body
Are there any particular leaders LeBron admires or looks to and studies? When did he begin leading?
- LeBron had to do it from a young age
- Learned on the fly, especially from people around him
- Martin Luther King Jr.
How has LeBron’s mother affected the way he thinks about parenting or being a father?
- LeBron fell in love with the process
What significance does Theodore Roosevelt’s quote about “The Man in the Arena” have for LeBron?
- That quote hit home for him
- The more you listen to something, the more you believe it
What is Mike’s policy toward sleep as part of the recovery process — or just daily life for anyone from professional athletes to businesspeople?
- The body heals while we sleep
How does LeBron optimize his environment to get a good night’s sleep?
- Being accountable and creating a proper environment
- good temperature
- room completely dark
- turning off all electronics 45 mins before going to sleep
What sleep app does LeBron recommend?
- CALM sleeping app – Rain on Leaves
What has become most important to LeBron from a health or wellness perspective as he’s become older and more seasoned?
After experimenting with different diets over the years, what does LeBron’s food intake look like on a typical day currently?
- Breakfast: Egg white omelette with smoked salmon + gluten free pancakes with berries
- Lunch: wholewheat pasta + salmon + vegetables
- Before game: Peanut butter + Jelly sandwich
- Half-time: slice of apple + almond butter on top
- Post-game: Protein Shake
- Dinner: Chicken + salad + wine
What are some of LeBron’s favorite wines?
- Huge Bordeaux fans
Food and drink that LeBron and Mike avoid.
- Artificial drinks and sugars
- Fried foods
What does Mike put in LeBron’s post game protein shakes?
- Plant based protein powder
- Clean protein
LeBron’s self-talk in preparation for a big game — or after a hard loss.
- Doing same things on GAME DAY
- Thinking of GamePlan
- What he has to do for HIM and for Team-mates
- After game replaying the game
- what did they do
- What did they NOT do
- what could’ve been done
How does LeBron most effectively lead his team when things go sideways and frustration is rampant?
- Patience – the most important
- You have to talk with everyone DIFFERENTLY
What’s in LeBron’s pregame playlist?
LeBron explains the meaning behind two of his tattoos.
- Loyalty – sticking together no matter what
How does Mike support his athletes when they’re going through a difficult time — whether it’s an injury, an unexpected setback, psychologically having trouble contending with someone that has happened — on or off the court?
- Remain consistent through the ups and downs
How do Mike and LeBron’s priorities change during the offseason?
- Being smart about the volume of training
What are LeBron’s favorite exercises or forms of physical recreation in the offseason? What might these workouts look like?
- Running on the football field
What lessons has Mike learned about working with high caliber athletes from legendary trainer Tim Grover?
- It’s all about how to approach it mentally and being consistent
LeBron and Mike tell us about their new business venture: Ladder.
- To make sure every supplement is clean
With the staggering number of business pitches LeBron gets every week, what makes Ladder important to him?
- Making sure everything is clean and he can continue to do authentic things
How many more years would LeBron like to play basketball?
- Playing with his son
If there’s anything on your mind, don’t be shy, you have the comment box down below ⇩⇩⇩ Promise I won’t bite ⇩⇩⇩
Life enthusiast with a great desire to constantly perfect myself, get in better physical and mental shape, while also helping other people by sharing everything I’ve been able to learn.