*** Questions addressed to Tim are colored blue
- Knowing that Jocko exists in the universe, makes Tim feel like he has a strict guardian angel who will give a pat on the back, but more often a kick in the ass to actually DO what needs to be done
Do I choose the stairs or the elevator when deciding to move to another table in life? (small or big decision)
- Making decisions that reflect the characteristic that you want to develop
- You have to take decisions that are in tune with exactly what you want to achieve
What stages of higher perception can we cultivate through training?
- Whenever you make subconscious decisions conscious, it changes your perception
- We can see through Intermittent Fasting how we start to appreciate our food more when we abstain from it for some time
- When you remove a compulsive behavior as an option (which is a tool of procrastination), your gains will be x3 – x4
- Observing the impulses and resistance that surfaces can be beneficial
- Any given activity is a cognitive load, an interruptive thought
You can operate at a higher level at all your activities when your signal to noise ratio improves, by abstaining from different things that take away your attention
- You can see if you’re addicted to something by trying to go without it
When would you recommend psychedelics?
- not legal, so rather recommending holotropic breathwork
- psychedelics are one tool in the toolkit for creating a non-ordinary state of consciousness that can provide insights, realizations, and reprogramming that can then be applied to different domains of human experience
- when you start to layer these things on top of another, you see better results, taking 1 unit of meditation, taking 1 unit of holotropic breathwork, taking 1 unit of sauna or ice bath and instead of 3, you get a 5, 6 or 7
What contributed to the on-going success of teaching other people just like you?
- Tim increases the likelihood of success by doing one thing very reliably – trying to support and create product/chapters that scratch his own itch
- if it grabs your attention, it should grab the attention of at least another 10k people around the world that talk English
- Avoiding big failures by doing small tests and having small failures
How do you determine if something is working or not? If you should continue doing it?
- checking out how much is ORGANIC growth vs artificial growth
- Richard Feynman “rule number 1 is to not fool yourself, and the easiest person to fool is yourself”
- Not looking at View Count, but at Comments. What is the engagement?
- Looking at people who LOVE IT, not people who don’t like it or don’t get it.
- “If 10% of San Francisco likes your cafe, you’re set”
- If someone LOVES it, even if no one else does, it stays there (assumption is that another 10k people would LOVE IT)
- The grey area of “I like this” is where you die
If you make something you think everyone will like, you’re going to make something no one will love
- The first interview that Tim did with a stranger was with Edd Catmull, the president of Pixar, which was uncomfortable
- Trying to select for what will help to develop skills and relationships
- Figure out what is easy for you, that is hard for a lot of your friends and start there
- Look at your personal pains or desires if you want to create content
If there’s anything on your mind, don’t be shy, you have the comment box down below ⇩⇩⇩ Promise I won’t bite ⇩⇩⇩
Life enthusiast with a great desire to constantly perfect myself, get in better physical and mental shape, while also helping other people by sharing everything I’ve been able to learn.